Saturday, July 5, 2008

tour de grandview

This was one of the coolest crit courses I have ever done. It finished with a .25 mile long climb that was about 6% and had a few sweet downhill corners that you could take at full speed. The race was tough with big squads for inferno, texas rd house and DLP racing. There were a bunch of breakaway attempts that got reeled back and about half way through the 45 mile race I went in a break with an inferno rider and texas road house. Then 6 more riders including Chris bridged up and the announcer said “ This could be the winning break”. That was it as we got away and worked well together until 5 laps to go. People started attacking and I and Chris traded off marking moves. I got 7th and Chris got 4th. It was a good race for our team.
We came home Sunday late I worked on my research Monday and now we are driving to Fitchburg Massachusetts for a 4 day NRC stage race. This is my first NRC race of the year and my goal is to make it to the finish with the lead group everyday which should get me a pretty good overall finish hopefully.

No comments: