Sunday, November 20, 2011

Season Recap

This last racing season was overall pretty good but it was full of setbacks and near wins. Starting last December my right knee began to hurt basically every time I rode. I kept taking time off to rest it but every time I started riding again it would hurt. It hurt in races but I was able to push through it and still managed to ride ok through out the spring. I think this hampered my training and my Tour de Korea. My spring goal was to win a stage at the Tour de Korea but my best results were 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. Not bad but still not a stage win. I was hoping to figure out how to fix my knee problems over the summer.

Finally, in August I visited a traditional Korean medicine doctor and got acupuncture on the tendon that was bothering me. It got a lot better and eventually went away completely after 5 sessions! I really wish I would have gone to get acupuncture last winter! The fall went much better but I got a really terrible cold that lasted 6 weeks. This also hampered my training and I had to miss a race that was suited to me because I got a fever. Eventually I went to a big hospital and got antibiotics which finally cleared up the cold for good after the Changwon Criterium. The last few weeks I finally started riding well now that I put all of the health problems behind me!

I was really happy to ride strongly at the DMZ race and then get a solid win last weekend in my last race of the season. Hopefully, I can put all of the health problems from last season behind me and have a great 2012 season! My first goal will definitely be to win a stage at the Tour de Korea.

I was also really pleased with my team Cannondale RPM racing this year. Everyone on the team was super nice and easy to get along with. We had a great season overall as a team with numerous indivual and team wins. I was extremely proud to be a part of my team at every race we attended. We also got great support from our sponsors and with in the team everyone was willing to do a lot to help each other out. I'm looking forward to enjoying an even better season with my team!

Now I'm gonna take a bit of a break from bike training. I plan to ski a lot this winter and do some hiking then start mountain bikeing and weight lifting in December or January. Also I've applied to MBA programs and I will decide in January where I will be attending!

No comments: