Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Party

It was Thanksgiving last Thursday and just because I was in Korea didn't mean I didn't want to celebrate. I was lucky enough to get to do so twice in fact!  Last Thursday my friend Brad invited me to have Thanksgiving with him and some other guys in Songtan where a US airforce base is located.  We went to the local VFW for an awesome thanksgiving dinner with all of the best Thanksgiving foods.  They even had American style sweet potatoes.  Then on Saturday night my friend Chris(who also lives in Yangji) and I hosted a Thanksgiving party together.  We had over 20 people in Chris apartment and we did the best we could to make some great food.  We ordered a cooked turkey and Chris and I made mashed potatoes using both regular potatoes and Korean sweet potatoes.  Everyone who came to the party also brough something to share.  It was a lot of fun and I was thankful that none of Chris' neighbors complained about the noise! 
On Sunday my good friend Munju got married so I went to his wedding with a few other guys who know him.  His wedding similiar to most Korean weddings I've been too in that it was pretty quick but the food after was amazing!  Overall it was a great Thanksgiving week! I have a lot to be thankful for, especially everyone who has supported me and my racing over the years.  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. 


No comments: