Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tour de Korea Stage 1 and 2

The first 2 stages of the race haven't exactly gone as i or my team had planned. The first day was really hard with a big steep climb right the beginning that blew the field up. Luckily our climber Hyun Gil took the KOM points and made the lead group but our other riders didn't make the lead group of 11 which ended up finishing 5 minutes up on the next group. I didn't climb as well as I wanted too either. Today was a flatter course but long at 130km. I sat in and moved up with 5km to go but I started my sprint too early and cramped up. I ended up around 20th but I think if there are more field sprints I can do better. Our team managed to win the team classsification for the day which was good though! The next few days all have similar courses with one big climb and the rest of the stage being rolling. I plan to try to follow the lead group and then sprint at the end. Also I haven't been able to update the blog much since we haven't been staying in places with computers. The courses have been really beautiful though and the racing fun.

No comments: