Sunday, April 6, 2008

Great Weekend!!!!

This was probably the best weekend of the year so far! I raced at Marian in Indianapolis on Saturday and placed 7th with purdue getting 3 in the top 15! We are getting closer and closer to making it to Natz as a team!!! then today was the Purdue Road Race and Team time trial which I was promoting. It started last night with a pizza party at Hot Box pizza which a bunch of the MWCCC teams came too. Hot Box donates 15% of their sales to us from teh people we bring in. Michigan State, U Michigan, Northern Michigan, St Louis U, OSU, Murray State and other teams all came to have dinner with us which was a blast! Then we got up early today and went and started getting everything ready for the TTT. We had to trade off corner marshalling and no one got to warm up for any race but the Purdue men's A team got 3rd in our TTT anyway despite lack of aero equipement. I can't wait until we have aerobars and can really kill it at Regionals! I got to marshall during the men's D and women's B TTTs and got to see some awesome hill running up action. The TTT featured a killer hill with almost a 15% grade that really caught some people off guard. After that and marshalling the RR for 2 hours and answering and making over 50 phone calls about where to get the volunteers and how to deliver our pizza lunch to everyone I raced the RR. Chris and I made the break of 10 guys with all the major teams represented I placed 5tha nd chris got 3rd!!! It was a great day for both of us. unfortunately my legs aren't quite as good as they were back at the beginning of march but 5th is still pretty good. I was super happy too to have so many fans come out. A whole bunch of my foreign friends came out to see there first bike race ever so I should have lots of pics to post that they took. It is always more motivating when you are racing in front of your friends. After the race and getting the park cleaned up I went home showered and did homework. I also got a killer sun burn today. I guess I better start wearin sunscreen again.

No comments: