Monday, April 21, 2008

What a weekend! We're goin to natz baby!

Regionals was great for Purdue and myself. There is a lot to tell but basically Saturday purdue missed the winning break of 4 but Chris and I took 5th and 6th by winning the field sprint. I felt great in that sprint so I knew I had the legs to win the crit on Sunday. The race went really well I took over 30 prime points but I got a flat about 20 minutes into the race. I got a wheel and got back in. The final sprint chris launche the perfect move about 100m before the last corner. Then I went started the sprint right before the corner and we got 1 2!!!! It was amazing. I felt great sprinting and when I realized we had 1,2 I was stoked. We couldn't have asked for a better way to finish the conference season!!! I think I may have earned enough points to jump into 3rd overall as an individualy for the season too. After that we drove home got home at about 12:30 and then I had a class at 7:30 this morning. It was a long but very fun weekend. And we made it to nationals as a team which was a season long goal for everyone on the team.

No comments: