Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bonking, snow and why this weekend was important


So today I went skiing on the Purdue golf course and was planning to do 2 hours but bonked after 1. I guess that is what I get for skipping breakfast. so now I am just focusing on making sure I am fully recovered to try to win again in missouri and train hard in Arkansas next week. Oh yeah it was 70 on sunday and then tuesday it snowed 5 inches. So no biking here for a while again!!! Good thing I really like skiing too or I would have been pretty mad.
So this weeekend was a pretty big deal for me. I have been bike racing and training very seriously since I was 13 years and never once in that time have I won any sort of road race, crit, TT, Mtb race, CX race that had more than 20 people racing. I was beginning to think I would never win a race. So to get to wins with fields of nearly 50 riders each is huge for me especially considering the caliber of riders who race Men's A. So basically this weekend is my first real win in over 8 years of hard work. Bike racing is never something that is easy and for some it takes longer than others to acheive success but I feel like I am a pretty good example of how working hard over a long period of time and not giving up when you aren't always as successful as you would like to be can lead to becoming a really good racer. Basically don't give up ever if you really want something you can get it if you work hard and are realistic.
I think it might be the last time it snows for a while so get out and go sledding while you still can! Oh yeah and here are some sweet victory pictures. Thanks to My dad and James Polivka for the photos.

No comments: