Monday, March 24, 2008

Pittsburgh

I got a flat tire with 4 laps to go in the downtown Pittsburgh criterium today!! I was feeling good and had taken the last 2 primes but then I felt it go soft and it was over. Frustrating but that is how it goes sometimes. It was a really fun weekend overall though. Let’s start at the beginning. Friday we left at 5:30 and finally went to bed at 2am!!!! That’s right it was a 7.5 hour drive. Then we got up at 6am to go race in the snow. Actually I didn’t race until 2 pm but I wanted to watch everyone else race. It snowed most of the day and the course was absolutely awesome. Chris got in the winning move again and got 4th and I got 10th after trying a one lap attack. Cody got in the top 20(that means in the points) meaning it was a pretty good day for the Purdue men’s A team. Saturday night we got Korean food and sushi in downtown Pittsburgh. It was the best Korean food I have had in the US. We had a really good time. The purdue team is a really great group of people and every weekend is fun regardless of results. The other cool thing about this weekend was that we raced against East coast schools like Dartmouth, U Vermont, Penn State, and Army. All of those are really strong teams especially Penn state and Army. Well I had better get back to studying since I have 2 tests this week. One Monday and one Tuesday! Next weekend is gonna be good! I can feel it.

Oh yeah and for people who keep complaining that the Purdue road race I am organizing is too short. Stop complaining because none of you even applied to host races this year. If you want a longer road race put one on yourself!!!!

No comments: