Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Training and School

This is the first week of my last semester and it is also my first week of training for the 2009 season! Lots of exciting stuff going on and lots of homework too. If you wanna know what my super sweet training plan is here it is
Monday- Lift in the morning and ride rollers in the afternoon for 1 hour or outside if it is nice
Tuesday- Off or easy because I have a lot of class all day
Wednesday- Lift in the morning and ride rollers in the afternoon for 1 hour or outside if it is nice
Thursday- Long ride outside or try to ride rollers for a long time but I can usually only do 1 hour
Friday- Lift in the morning and ride rollers in the afternoon for 1 hour or outside if it is nice
Saturday- Long Ride
Sunday Long ride
If it is too cold outside to road bike I usually mountain bike on trails near campus or XC ski if there is snow on the golf course at Purdue. Basically I do this for 3 weeks then I do an easier week that usually has at least 2 days off the bike and 1 less day of lifting. It just snowed like 5 inches today too so maybe I will be able to ski a little bit.
The finish of winter break was fun. I went to Champaign IL where my girlfriend is doing a masters degree in Food Science and it rained ice so everywhere we walked we could run and slide on the ice everywhere. It was incredibly fun but I am pretty sore from falling on my butt on the ice! School this semester is gonna be tough I have a lot of classes and hopefully I can avoid getting senioritis too. I have to finish writing up my research project this semester too which will be the culmination of like 2.5 years of work!! Right now I am really sore from weight lifting but I know I need to do it to win this spring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, you fell into the group for at least 4 times, including falling from the playground slides! BUT it was really really fun!!

Anonymous said...

Haha, you fell into the ground for at least 4 times, including falling from the playground slides! BUT it was really really fun!!

Sorry about the "group"....