Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weinheim, Germany

I spent 2 days with my dad back at their apartment before getting on a plane in Frankfort to go back to the US. It snowed about 3 inches at my parents place and I guess it doesn’t normally snow so the people seemed excited. The local sledding hill was packed with kids! We went on a hike through the small mountains by their house and walked to 2 castles one of which was build in 1200!!! It was pretty awesome that they have castles everywhere and they are open like public parks. My dad says in the summer they have beer gardens so you can ride up to the top of the mountain and have a beer with your friends outside while enjoying the awesome view. After this trip I have a really good impression of Europe the only complaint I had was the food. It seemed like the only thing we ate was meat and cheese and bread. While this was awesome at first it got a little bit old I definitely think China and Korea has Europe beat in the food department for me. But the beer in Europe is great! In Holland they drink Heineken and Grolsch like it is Miller Lite but it tastes a whole lot better. Now I had better start some serious training collegiate racing starts in less than 2 months!!!

No comments: