Monday, September 21, 2009

busy busy busy! (new people, new places

I haven't posted for a while because I have been pretty busy meeting new people and hiking and what not! Which is a good thing! i am continuing to have a good time teaching and am getting ready to go to a 3 day new foreigner teacher orientation tomorrow should be fun and maybe I will meet some other new teachers who live close to me. My Korean skills are improving a bit here too I am learning a new word or 2 each day. The kids here can't speak much english so I get lots of practice with them because they come chat with me after school. 5 second graders have decided they really like coming to talk to me in korean which is good I guess because they are trying to teach me new words! I promise next week I will bring my camera to school to take some pictures. The weather has been great lately too. Last weekend I visited my friends from teh summer camp I worked at 2 years ago and we played soccer and went hiking. Also I got invited to go to a wedding in a month! That should be fun and interesting! it is the daughter of the camp director. I stayed at their house when I was in Korea last time. On sunday I met up with Tom hornyak in Seoul and he came out to Yangji to do some hiking with me. We got more than we bargained for. It was a great day and we just kept going thinking there would be a bus where ever we ended up but we ended in this tiny town and the bus only comes like every 2 or 3 hours on the weekends there!! so we walked about 5 more km to a slightly bigger (think otterbein or about 1000 people) town and waited another hour for a bus!!! Better try to plan the hikes a little bit more next time. We still had a great time though and got to see some really pretty country side. Also I met some language exchange friends that are my age and live sort of in my area so now I have some really new korean friends to hang out with! This weekend should be fun too i am meeting up with a bunch of my old exchange student friends from Seoul national univesity! I really need to get out on my bike for a good long ride too I think!

No comments: