Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chusok Break Starts Today!

This is another short week at school for me because we don't have school on Thursday, Friday or next monday because of Chusok (Korean Thanksgiving). It would sound like a great opportunity to take a trip somewhere but every korean I know has been telling me how incredibly epic the traffic jams are. So I am gonna stay a bit more local and just meet up with people around Gyeonngi Do. Anyway I did another awesome ride Monday after school on my mtb. I rode up a long single track climb that had a bunch of super steep hike a bike at the top and then I ended up finding an awesome fire road descent that is used to service a weather station on top of a mountain! I think what I will do next time is ride the climb up and then descend the single track! Every time I ride or hike I discover new trails or find more I need to come back and ride later. This weekend will also hopefully be a good opportunity for me to take some pictures of stuff. Also this week I started teaching my extra after school english program. I teach 2 extra 40 minute classes every MWF. 10 students each class, one for 3/4 grade and one for 5/6 grade. I am really excited about this because I will get to know some of the kids really well. I am teaching the classes by myself with out the help of my Korean co teacher so it should be a good learning experience and be fun.

No comments: